Instructions for Mini Sachet
- Do not hang adjacent to heating pipes.
- Do not hang sachets where they will be directly exposed to intense sunlight.
- Open the shipping box of sachets in the crop.
- Separate sachets by tearing along perforations.
Storage and transport
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Transport and store at 59-68°F until ready to use.
- Use within 18 hours of receipt.
- Do not refrigerate.
To see the impact of pesticides on natural enemies please visit, Chemical Side Effects Guide
Amblyseius swirskii is primarily known as a thrips predator that is ideal for warmer climates as it is native to the Mediterranean. It feeds not only on thrips, but also broad mites, russet mites, as well as whitefly eggs. Optimal results are seen when adults in 1 liter containers are used in conjunction with slow release sachets. Feedback from growers for broad mites has been very positive.
How It Works
Ideal for use on protected crops in warm conditions, such as peppers, cucumbers, gerbera and eggplant. It can be used on non-protected crops, provided that average daytime temperatures exceed 68°F/20°C.
Establishment will be fastest on crops with ample pollen, such as pepper crops, as the pollen provides an alternative, high quality food source for the mites. Crops without pollen will have slower establishment, but using sachets that continually release mites over several weeks will improve results.
Best used early in crop/pest cycle to prevent whitefly and thrips buildup since it does not feed on adult stages.
Is active at 68°F/20°C, but performance increases at higher temperatures.
- Activity range:59ËšF to 97ËšF. Mites are active above and below these temps, but they cannot reproduce and their performance is compromised.
- Optimum range: 68ËšF to 90ËšF. Reproduction is fastest at 86ËšF.
- Optimum humidity:63% RH
- Diapause:Swirskii does not undergo diapause
Swirskii is known to feed on the eggs of Phytoseilus persimilis and Aphidoletes aphidimyza. Care and planning should be taken when placing these species into the same environment.
***For a more in-depth look at how to use this predator effectively, including detailed information on life-cycle and application rates, please visit this link.***
Questions about Swirski-Mite Plus?
Click the livechat button in the bottom right or contact us today!
- Use For:
- Thrips, White Fly, Broad and Russet Mites, Two-Spotted Spider Mites,
For delivery mid- week, order must be placed by 12 pm on Thursday. For delivery on Friday, order must be placed by 12 pm on Monday of the same week.
Please allow 1 business day to receive a pdf order confirmation with your expected shipping date.