Trianum-P Bio fungicide for the reduction of soil-borne diseases
Use Trianum-P for:
Trianum-P Biological Fungicide is a preventative biological fungicide for control of plant diseases. The active ingredient is a microbe, Trichoderma harzianum. When applied to seeds, transplants or other propagative material, or to soil or planting mixes, grows onto plant roots as they develop and provides protection against plant root pathogens including Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Fusarium, Cylindrocladium and Thielaviopsis.
Trianum-P is available in the U.S. in 500g and 5kg packages. Formulation: Water dispersible powder (P) Concentration: 3.65% Trichoderma harzianum Rifai strain KRL-AG2. Contains at least 1.0x107 colony forming units per gram dry weight.
When to use Trianum-P?
Trianum-P increases the resistance of plants against stresses that may be caused by diseases, sub-optimal feeding, watering regimes and climatic conditions.
Trianum-P is used in the cultivation of vegetables, soft fruit, herbs, bulbs, ornamentals, perennials, turf and arboriculture (both protected and open field). The product can also be applied to agricultural crops like corn and certain cereal crops. Check the product label for which crops Trianum–P is registered to use in your country.
How does Trianum-P work?
Trianum-P contains spores of the beneficial fungus Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22. When Trianum is applied correctly, the plant develops mycelia, which grows along the roots and protects the roots of the crop against diseases such as:
Trianum works on the basis of the following mechanisms:
1. Competition for space Trianum grows faster on the surface of the root than other soil-born fungi. Other fungi have no chance to establish themselves on the roots.
2. Competition for nutrients Trianum takes away the source of nutrients that the pathogens need to feed on. They therefore have no chance to develop.
3. Parasitism of pathogens
Trianum grows around the mycelia of the pathogen. The cell walls break down and the pathogen dies.
4. Strengthening of the plant Trianum improves the root system through the formation of more root hairs, so that water and nutrients can be absorbed better. This leads to better yields of a stronger and more uniform crop. The difference is particularly notable when the plant is under stress and/or cultivated under less than optimum growing conditions.
5. Induced resistance Trianum also reinforces the defense mechanism of the parts of the plant above ground (when fighting botrytis for instance), the so-called induced systemic resistance (ISR).
6. Facilitating the absorption of fixed and non-fixed nutrients Nutritional elements such as certain trace elements and phosphates are sometimes fixed in the soil, and therefore cannot be absorbed by the plant. This particularly happens in soil with a higher level of acidity (i.e. with a lower pH). Phosphates often form compounds with calcium, iron or other trace elements, and as a result they are no longer soluble.
Trianum has the capacity to make certain “fixed” nutrients available for the plant to absorb. Certain elements, such as manganese, are essential for the plant to fight diseases. Manganese is important for the natural defenses of the plant against diseases.
Trianum produces certain substances which, amongst other things, change iron from Fe3+ into Fe2+, making it possible for the plant to absorb it.
Trianum-P Biological Fungicide applications methods include soil applications drench, in soil furrow spray, potting soil and broadcast, seed treatments, and by certain chemigation and irrigation methods in greenhouse environments. See Trianum-P Biological Fungicide label for full list of crops, application methods and rates.
Do not use disinfectants in drip irrigation systems from at least one day before until two days after the application of Trianum-P.
Best working conditions Trianum-P
Use Trianum-P as a preventive method. To achieve optimal results, start using Trianum-P at the beginning of the crop cycle, preferable during sowing, cutting or planting. Trianum-P performs well under different environmental conditions. It grows in various climates (10-34°C/50-93.2°F), at a pH between 4-8, in many types of cultivation media and on the roots of many different types of crops.
Natural Enemies is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
Shelf life: see package for expiry date
Storage temperature: between 4-8 ºC
Keep away from direct sunlight.
These are the states that Trianum-P is registered for sale.
AL, AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, SC, SD, TN, TX,VT, VA, WA, WI