Natupol Excel Startup - Bombus Impatiens
Use Natupol Excel Start Up for:
Pollination of a wide range of indoor crops such as round and plum tomatoes
One hive with one colony of bumblebees including a queen, 100-125 workers, brood and sugar water
When to use Natupol Excel Start Up?
Natupol is Koppert’s flagship product. This standard product is perfect for a wide range of crops, grown on surfaces bigger than 2000 m2 and with approximately 25-35 flowers per m2 per week (for example round and plum tomatoes).
How does Natupol Excel Start Up work?
After their release, worker bumblebees start pollinating the crop. They are supported by more workers born in the weeks after their introduction.
The improved visibility of the hives among the crop (Beevision) is based on the way bumblebees see. Bumblebees now easily find the hive, fewer bumblebees get lost in the greenhouse and pollination improves.
How to use Natupol Excel Start Up
Application Natupol Excel Start Up
- Distribute the Natupol hives evenly along the main path of the greenhouse
- Place the colonies on a horizontal platform (avoid inclination, otherwise sugar water may leak)
- During summer; Position the hive about 20-60 cm above the ground on the south-side of a path to obtain maximum shade from the crop. If needed, provide additional shading.
- During winter; Position the hive near the top of plants on the north side of the main path. Ensure that the hive is exposed to the first daylight.
- Wait at least for 15 minutes after positioning the hives before opening the hive entrance, this allows the bumblebee colonies to calm down.
- Best working conditions Natupol Excel Start Up
- Natupol performs best at ambient temperatures of between 10-30°C
- Every hive contains food in order to keep the bumblebees in good condition during transport and storage.
- To guarantee the best pollination results, start using the hive on the day of arrival.
- Start using the hive no later than one day after arrival.
- Maintain the bumblebees at a temperature of between 15 – 25°C.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the hive.
- Special points of attention
- Make sure the hives and the entrances are well visible, so the bumblebees easily find their way home.
- Place no more than two hives next to or close to each other. To reduce drift of bumblebees, make sure each hive entrance points into a different direction.
- Please note that direct sunlight on the hive can increase the internal hive temperature with 5-15°C. It is important to provide shade in warm conditions.
- Make sure ants cannot reach the sugar water of the hive by making a barrier of grease or insect glue. Also avoid contact between plants and the hive, so that ants cannot reach the hive.
- Avoid colonies to be placed in the direct surrounding of the CO2 supply, or in other locations where CO2 can reach high levels (over 2500 ppm).
Natupol Bumblebee hives contain a "Bee Happy" nectar bag that has been capped for shipping. The "Bee Happy" nectar bag must be uncapped before releasing the bumblebees. If the bag is not uncapped, the hive will not develop and fade quickly.
1. Remove the outer cardboard cover.
2. Carefully remove the inner plastic hive body from the outer cardboard hive.
3. Remove the cap from the "Bee Happy" bag contained inside its cardboard frame.
4. Carefully replace the inner plastic hive body into the outer cardboard hive, ensuring that the now exposed wick from the "Bee Happy" bag fits into the proper place underneath the plastic inner hive body.
5. Replace the outer cardboard cover.
6. Open the hive's entrance/exit.
If you have any questions, please contact your consultant or call at (800) 928-8827.
Questions about Natupol Excel Startup?
Click the livechat button in the bottom right or contact us today!
- Use For:
For delivery mid- week, order must be placed by 12 pm on Thursday. For delivery on Friday, order must be placed by 12 pm on Monday of the same week.
Please allow 1 business day to receive a pdf order confirmation with your expected shipping date.